Breast augmentation can be performed with fat transfer, called “autologous breast augmentation.” The procedure involves harvesting fat from another body area, such as abdomen, love handles, thighs, or buttocks. Once harvested, the fat cells are purified, and then injected into the breasts to add volume. This procedure produces a subtle increase in breast volume. The results are incredibly soft and natural – as it is your natural fat. This procedure is also less invasive than augmentation with implants.
How long does a fat transfer breast augmentation last?
After the fat cells have been transferred to your breasts, some cells will be reabsorbed, so overfilling is necessary. The fat that remains after the healing process, which takes about three months, has developed blood vessels in the fatty tissue, increasing your breast volume for the long term.
However, there are a few factors you should be aware of when considering the results:
- There will be some reabsorption of the injected fat, and that can slightly diminish size.
- If you gain or lose weight, your body shape can change, and this can include your breasts.
- Fat cells can grow larger or smaller as your weight fluctuates. If you lose significant weight, it could affect the results of your procedure.
The key to maintaining the results of your breast augmentation include the following:
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain an exercise program.
Natural fat transfer breast augmentation is 100% natural and allows for options for shaping and contouring your breasts. Natural fat can also be used to create better breast symmetry or to fill in a sunken area left from a lumpectomy.
Are you a candidate?
The ideal candidate for a fat transfer breast augmentation is:
- Committed to a healthy lifestyle.
- Has enough excess fat to harvest.
- Understands that fat transfer increases the breasts about one cup size.
- Generally, in good health, with good skin elasticity.
Fat transfer breast augmentation benefits
- Natural results.
- Liposuction is slimming.
- Minimal to no scarring.
- Safe procedure – no implants needed.
What is the procedure like?
- Dr. Montilla will perform gentle liposuction to harvest excess fat. The lipo has the added benefit of slimming your waist or another area of your body.
- The fat is then purified and optimized for injection.
- The doctor will inject the fat precisely into specific amounts and locations in each breast to achieve the optimal fullness, symmetry, and aesthetic contour.
- The entire procedure may require only about one hour.
What is the recovery time?
Because the transferred fat requires time to establish and develop blood vessels, a full recovery will take an average of six weeks. However, your recovery will usually take only a few days with minimal to moderate discomfort. You will be fitted with a compression garment to minimize swelling at the donor site.
The new, living fat cells in your breasts need to integrate into the existing breast tissue, and this will take some time. For this reason, you must avoid any pressure on the breasts for at least two weeks. You will not be able to wear a bra, sleep on your stomach or doing anything that places direct pressure on your breasts.
If you have a desk job, you will typically be able to resume work in three to five days. More physically active forms of employment may require a few days longer before you return.
Why chose Dr. Richard Montilla?
Dr. Montilla is a highly regarded, respected, Board-certified Boston plastic surgeon that serves Boston and its surrounding areas. He has impressive credentials, including board certification in plastic and reconstructive surgery and membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Montilla brings his extensive history of excellence in plastic surgery to every procedure. He has an eye for aesthetic balance and can help you subtly increase your breast volume with natural fat for a very soft, aesthetic result.
Dr. Montilla knows no two people are alike, and his approach in customized to match the individual. He is not only a consummate surgeon but has a gift for achieving very natural-looking, beautiful results, time after time.