The vagina is certainly a sensitive part of a woman’s body. Both aging and childbirth can take a toll on the labia, resulting in numbness, loss of sexual pleasure, chafing, and introversion over one’s appearance. Our Boston labiaplasty procedure at Montilla Plastic Surgery, performed in the Greater Boston Area or Worcester, can improve both the aesthetics and comfort of the vagina, restoring your self confidence in the sexual arena.
Labiaplasty is also helpful to women who have congenital labial issues, such as asymmetrical labia, enlarged labia, or elongated labia. Such conditions often result in discomfort during common activities, such as exercising, bike riding, and engaging in intercourse.
Why Choose Dr. Richard Montilla?
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Richard Montilla has years of experience helping his female patients contour their body and find relief from labia-related issues. With his relaxing bedside demeanor, he can help even the most anxious patients be at ease. Throughout your entire journey, he is professional, compassionate, and delivers natural results that you are seeking.
Labiaplasty Treatment Overview
When it comes to your treatment, can you can expect the following:
- Private, discreet consultation
- No rush during your consultation, spending as much time as needed with Dr. Montilla
- Your consultation can take up to one hour, ensuring you get the information necessary to make the right decision
- You will always see Dr. Montilla during your consultation. During this time, he reviews your medical history, performs a thorough examination, discusses the procedure, and reviews risks and benefits
- Post-operatively, you will have whatever number of appointments necessary to ensure the healing process is going as expected
- Your recovery should last about 4 to 6 weeks, dependent upon Dr. Montilla’s examination and approval
- While pregnancy is fine after labiaplasty, it may affect your results. This can be discussed during your consultation
- Your procedure is performed at an accredited surgery center, with all safety protocols in place
- You must wait at least three months after childbirth to receive labiaplasty
- The labiaplasty incisions vary from patient to patient, but they will be virtually invisible
How is Labiaplasty Performed?
Labiaplasty is performed at our fully-accredited surgery center in either Greater Boston Area or Worcester. Stacked with state-of-the-art equipment in a discreet setting, your labiaplasty will be completed in about 1-2 hours.
Generally performed under local anesthesia, you will feel no discomfort or pain during your procedure.
Dr. Montilla will first create small incisions within the folds of the labia, which will be virtually invisible following surgery. Through these incisions, he will remove unwanted tissue and create a tighter, more appealing appearance to the vagina. He will use minute sutures to close the incisions, which will dissolve naturally after several weeks. The labia will maintain its sensitivity and skin color, allowing you to move forward free from embarrassment.
What Will Happen During Labiaplasty Recovery?
Our labiaplasty in Worcester is an outpatient procedure, and you will leave the surgery center the same day under the care of a friend of family member. Our office will provide comprehensive aftercare instructions, as well as any pain medication necessary. Dr. Montilla will monitor your recovery period to ensure healing is moving along properly. In general, patients can resume work and normal activity within 3-4 days.
The day after surgery, you will be able to bathe and shower. Vigorous exercise, and especially intercourse, will need to wait for about 3 weeks. Dr. Montilla will provide full approval of your level of activity.
What’s My First Step?
If you wish to improve the appearance or comfort level of your labia, your first step is a consultation with Dr. Montilla of Montilla Plastic Surgery in Greater Boston Area or Worcester. During this time, he will answer any questions about the procedure, as well as set up a surgical plan to ensure you get the result you want. He will also perform a physical exam, as well as review your medical history. He will provide information about risks and benefits, recovery and downtime, and anything you can reasonably expect from the procedure.
Care from a Surgeon Who Puts Others First
In everything he does, Dr. Montilla is first and foremost concerned about others. In his private practice, he leaves nothing to chance, ensuring every detail from initial consultation to final follow-up is attended to with diligence and compassion. He is a member of several non-profit organizations, including Surgicorps International—an organization providing medical missions to those without access to medical care. As part of these missions, he delivers invaluable treatment for cleft lips and palates. Rest assured, when it comes to Dr. Montilla, you are in the hands of a surgeon who puts others first.