What is Laser Hair Removal
Most hair removal solutions require repeated and painstaking care, such as waxing, shaving, plucking, and hair removal creams. If you’re seeking a lifelong solution for unwanted hair, laser hair removal in Worcester at Montilla Plastic Surgery may be the best option. Our providers have plenty of experience giving our patients the results they want with laser hair removal, including treatment of the upper lip, chin, sideburns, chest, legs, bikini area, stomach, back, or arms.
A New Generation of Laser Hair Removal
While prior forms of laser hair removal were only suitable for certain types of skin and hair, there have been significant advances in the procedure. Due to these advances, laser hair removal can be safely and effectively performed on all skin types, and a much wider range of hair colors. The experienced providers at Montilla Plastic Surgery will ensure your smooth treatment with the newest generation of laser hair removal.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
When it comes to laser hair removal at Montilla Plastic Surgery, patients can expect significant benefits, including:
- No anesthetic
- Rapid treatment – each session lasts less than half an hour
- Safe treatment
- Greater patient comfort with skin-cooling technology
- Precision targeting of thin, fine, and light hairs
- Effectively treats ingrown hairs
What to Expect with Laser Hair Removal in Boston
Your treatment time will depend upon the area treated, as well as the quality of the hair. Patients typically require up to 6 appointments to fully clear an area, although this number can vary. A small area can be treated in just a few minutes, while larger areas may be up to 30 minutes per appointment. During treatment, the laser feels similar to a rubber band snapping against the skin, and discomfort is mild.
What Can I Expect After Laser Hair Removal?
Immediately following laser hair removal, you will experience some swelling, redness, and a slightly bumpy skin texture.
These side effects typically last several hours after treatment, but please let our office know if these conditions persist for more than one day. Following treatment, we recommend aloe vera gel to cool and sooth the skin. It is also important to avoid exercise, excess sun exposure, or anything that heats the skin such as a sauna for 48 hours after laser hair removal.
To learn more about laser hair removal in the Boston Area or Worcester, please call Montilla Plastic Surgery.
Laser Hair Removal Recovery
Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure used to reduce or remove unwanted body hair. While it is generally considered safe and minimally invasive, there are some post-treatment considerations for recovery:
- Immediate Post-Treatment: After a laser hair removal session, you may experience some mild redness and swelling around the treated area. This is normal and usually subsides within a few hours to a day.
- Sensitivity: Your skin may feel sensitive immediately after the procedure. Avoid touching or scratching the treated area to prevent irritation.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Protecting the treated skin from direct sunlight for a few weeks following the procedure is crucial. Use sunscreen or cover the area with clothing to prevent sunburn and hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid Hot Showers and Baths: Hot water can exacerbate redness and irritation, so taking lukewarm showers for a day or two after treatment is best.
- Avoid Exfoliation: Steer clear of harsh exfoliants or scrubs for a few days following laser hair removal. Let the treated skin heal naturally.
- Moisturize: Use a gentle, hypoallergenic moisturizer on the treated area to keep the skin hydrated. Avoid products with fragrances or harsh chemicals.
- Avoid Hair Removal Methods: Refrain from using other hair removal methods such as waxing, plucking, or threading between laser sessions. These methods can disrupt the hair follicles, which are the target of the laser treatment.
- Wait for Hair to Shed: Over the course of a few days to a few weeks after your laser treatment, the treated hair may begin to shed. This is a sign that the treatment is working. You can help this process along by gently exfoliating the skin during your regular shower routine.
- Multiple Sessions: Most people require multiple laser hair removal sessions to achieve long-lasting hair reduction or removal. These sessions are usually spaced several weeks apart to target hair in different stages of growth.
- Avoid Perfumed Products: Avoid using products with perfumes, dyes, or other potential irritants on the treated area during the recovery period.
- Follow-Up Appointments: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your laser technician or dermatologist to assess your progress and determine if additional sessions are needed.
- Patience: It takes time to see the full results of laser hair removal. Hair growth reduction typically becomes more noticeable after each session, but complete results may take several months.
It's important to note that laser hair removal is generally well-tolerated, and most people can return to their regular activities immediately after treatment. However, individual experiences may vary depending on skin type, hair color, and the specific laser technology used. Always follow the aftercare instructions provided by your practitioner to ensure a smooth and successful recovery. If you have any concerns or experience unusual side effects, consult with your healthcare provider or the practitioner who performed the procedure.