Preserving your heritage and unique beauty while minimizing nasal flaws
In the past, plastic surgery was geared towards westernized features, leaving non-caucasian patients with few options for cosmetic enhancement. Today, rhinoplasty can be performed for patients of all backgrounds and ethnicities to help sculpt and refine the nasal bridge, tip and nostrils. Dr. Montilla carefully tailors his techniques to the individual, delivering nuanced, natural looking results that accentuate your individual beauty and preserve your cultural heritage.
What is ethnic rhinoplasty?
Each culture has its own individual ideas about what makes a face attractive. Dr. Montilla incorporates your ethnicity into his artistry, delivering rhinoplasty that minimizes cosmetic flaws, while simultaneously honoring your natural beauty. The nasal shape is created to harmonize with the other facial features, so that a balanced aesthetic is achieved. The goal of surgery is always to direct the gaze towards the smile and the eyes, with the nose acting as a bridge between these two areas.
- African-American rhinoplasty – A successful African-American rhinoplasty procedure requires a great deal of attention to detail, as there is remarkable variation in the nasal structures among different people. Some African Americans have flatter and wider nostrils, while others have larger dorsal humps and low-hanging nasal tips. Dr. Montilla will bring the nose into harmony with the rest of the features, while preserving your unique cultural standards of beauty.
- Middle Eastern rhinoplasty – This surgery may address the noses of patients who are of Arab, Indian, Iranian or Pakistani descent. Nose surgery can help to refine the nasal bridge, reduce a large hump, reshape a droopy nasal tip, and create more balance and harmony within the nostrils, all while preserving cultural identity and innate attractiveness.
- Asian rhinoplasty – Asian noses tend to be defined by thick skin, a sloped dorsum, and a round or bulbous tip. These characteristics may cause the nose to look wide and flat. The doctor may opt to use ear or rib cartilage to augment the nasal shape or he may use dermal fillers to create a more desirable nasal structure. Overall Dr. Montilla aims to create a nose that is harmonious with the rest of the features, while preserving your unique beauty and cultural identity.
- Hispanic rhinoplasty – Dr. Montilla can perform Mexican, Castilian, Latino or Mestizo rhinoplasty in order to reshape the nose in a pleasing and attractive way that minimizes cosmetic discrepancies while preserving cultural heritage. The typical Hispanic nose may have a bulbous tip and wide nostrils or it may have a bump on the bridge that makes the patient feel self-conscious. Dr. Montilla can address these defects, beautifully refining the appearance and thus improving quality of life.
"Combining masterful skill and expertise with meticulous artistry and attention to detail, Dr. Montilla delivers ethnic rhinoplasty outcomes that are highly personalized, honoring each client’s unique aesthetic sensibilities. "
What are the benefits of ethnic rhinoplasty?
- Correction of breathing issues
- Correction of nasal deformities or injury-related defects
- Refinement of the nasal bridge, tip or nostrils
- A nose that is better suited to the patient's face
- A nose that is proportionate to the other features
- Enhanced self confidence and satisfaction with one's image
Who is a good candidate for ethnic rhinoplasty in Boston?
Candidates seeking ethnic rhinoplasty come from many different backgrounds but the one thing they have in common is that they are unhappy with the shape, size or projection of their nose. If you feel that your nose is too flat or too big, your nasal tip is too long or too short, or your nostrils are too wide or too small, ethnic rhinoplasty can help to balance the features and restore your sense of satisfaction with how you look.
Ideal ethnic rhinoplasty candidates are non-smokers who are healthy, both mentally and physically, and are free from any major medical conditions that would interfere with their surgery or its aftermath. Patients should be realistic in their expectations for the procedure. This is based on a private consultation with Dr. Montilla during which the goals for the surgery are discussed in depth.
What can I expect from recovery?
Recovery after ethnic rhinoplasty typically takes 7-10 days. You can resume light exercise on day 10, being careful to still avoid contact sports or activities that can potentially bring harm to the nose as it continues healing. The nasal splint will be removed around day 5 and you will be able to see the new nasal shape, albeit still with swelling. At around 30 days post op your new nose will look wonderful, and by day 100 you will be seeing around 90% of its final shape.
Why choose Dr. Montilla for ethnic rhinoplasty in Boston?
Dr. Montilla is a Boston-based Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has created a thriving practice dedicated to stunning, elegant results in a state of the art setting. Combining masterful skill and expertise with meticulous artistry and attention to detail, Dr. Montilla delivers ethnic rhinoplasty outcomes that are highly personalized, honoring each client’s unique aesthetic sensibilities.