Achieving the final steps in your cosmetic transformation
Losing a significant amount of weight is a huge accomplishment, and one that should be celebrated and cherished. But once the weight is gone, you may be left with an abundance of excess hanging skin that can be unsightly, and you may be wondering what can be done about it.
Body contouring after weight loss is a series of surgical procedures targeting the arms, belly, breasts, thighs, back and buttocks to remove excess skin and streamline the physique, a process that is virtually impossible to effect through exercise alone. Dr. Montilla will provide the means to help you take that final step in your cosmetic makeover that will support the huge leap forward you’ve taken by losing the weight.
What is body contouringafter massive weight loss?
Body contouring after weight loss, like the mommy makeover, is a combination procedure involving several steps. Surgeries may include abdominoplasty to sculpt the belly; liposuction to remove excess fat from the torso; panniculectomy to remove the apron of skin over the loins; brachioplasty to trim excess skin from the upper arms; mastopexy to lift the breasts; breast augmentation to fill out the bust; a body lift to remove excess skin from the hips, waist and lower back; and a thigh lift to trim the upper legs.
The value of performing some or all of these treatments in tandem is that the amount of time spent under anesthesia can be greatly reduced, as can the total recovery time and costs. Not every patient will need all of these surgeries, of course. Dr. Montilla will map out a customized surgical plan for you during your private consultation at his Boston offices.
Body contouring after weight loss can:
- Remove stubborn fat deposits that don’t respond to dieting or exercise
- Eradicate excess hanging skin that causes chafing and irritation
- Improve skin laxity
- Tighten separated abdominal muscles
- Create a more sculpted and shapely physique
"Dr. Montilla has not only the consummate skill to perform body contouring after massive weight loss in Boston, but also the enormous compassion and empathy for his patients which instantly sets them at ease and gives them peace of mind throughout their surgical journey, no matter how daunting."
What are the benefits of body contouring after major weight loss?
- A more attractive figure – All the skin left behind after massive weight loss may be hiding a very attractive physique, but after surgery, you’ll be able to show off your new body in a whole new light.
- A new wardrobe – One of the most exciting parts of surgery is that afterwards you will be able to purchase a new wardrobe. Clothes that used to be off limits to you can now be enjoyed as part of your wonderful new look. You may even want to hire a photographer to document your weight loss and body contouring journey!
- Improved self-confidence – Clients who undergo body contouring after massive weight loss enjoy a new level of self-confidence, both professionally and socially. Many find they now feel comfortable pursuing a new line of work, asking for a promotion, or reentering the dating world. Whatever your dreams, confidence is that all important ingredient that can make them a reality.
- Customizable treatment – Body contouring after weight loss can be customized to suit your unique needs. Some clients will require changes to primarily the lower body, while others will wish to reimagine their physique literally from head to toe. The choice is up to you in how you want to go about reshaping the torso.
Who is a good candidate for body sculpting after weight loss in Boston?
Good candidates for surgery should be non-smokers who are healthy, both mentally and physically, and suffer from no significant medical problems that would interfere with their treatment. Their weight should be stable for at least 6 months prior to surgery. Last but not least, clients should have a realistic and reasonable expectation for their outcome, based on their private Boston consultation with Dr. Montilla.
What can I expect from my recovery?
Recovery times will vary, and will depend on the precise combination of procedures undergone. In general, most clients will be able to return to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks. Your normal exercise routine can be resumed at around 6-8 weeks post-op.
After surgery, Dr. Montilla will provide you with pain medications as well as a detailed aftercare plan for you to follow at home. You will be fitted with compression stockings, which help to minimize your swelling and keep your new improved body shape intact.
Why choose Dr. Montilla?
Dr. Montilla has not only the consummate skill to perform body contouring after massive weight loss in Boston, but also the enormous compassion and empathy for his patients which instantly sets them at ease and gives them peace of mind throughout their surgical journey, no matter how daunting.
During consultation, Dr. Montilla educates and informs his clients, empowering them with the knowledge they need to move forward confidently. Dr. Montilla’s integrity demands that he will never suggest any procedure he doesn’t wholeheartedly believe is in the best interest of the client.
Dr. Montilla is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who graduated from the University of Santo Tomas Medical School before going on to complete his general surgery residency at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. He then pursued two elite Fellowships in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the University of Massachusetts. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.